IN MUSIC NEWS ...LLOYD VS. IRV GOTTI

LLOYD GIVES MURDER INC THE FINGER!
[picture from www.nme.com]

A story like Lloyd’s and Irv Gotti’s from Murder Inc. (or The Inc.) is all too common. Reminds me of the story of David and Goliath, where the giant…the torturer, is conquered…leaving David, a hero, like Lloyd is with his decision to leave Murder Inc. Booyah!!
This story is a lesson for all artists to make sure to watch your own back and cover your own ass…because you can never predict the intentions and motives of those who cross your path.

Ok, I have to say this…the bottom line: I think Murder Inc.’s actions are deplorable if they’re true. A record company’s goal should be to uplift an artist and teach him/her how to thrive in the industry, not suck out their energy. But Lloyd is thriving thanks to his own effort, so maybe the Murder Inc. incident is a blessing in disguise. Check out Lloyd's interview...







video platform
video management
video solutions
free video player


In response, Irv Gotti issued a statement.

[IRV GOTTI'S RESPONSE]

"He (Lloyd) is still signed with Murder Inc. and I will make a decision shortly on what I am gonna do with him," Gotti wrote in a statement. "His last record didn't sell well at all. And, once again, he had his CREATIVE freedom to do whatever he wanted to do. But for some reason the people did not respond to the album or to him. But I will decide what I wanna do! As always when it comes to me, it's Murder For Life! And anyone who doesn't wanna be apart of that, I will take into consideration."
Posted on 4:15 PM by Lisa Ford and filed under , , , | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

Jackie said... @ September 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Ashanti ledt Murder Inc too! Now Irv has no one. Karma is a bitch!

zodcore said... @ September 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM

WOW! LLoyd Vs Irv Gotti!!!! Its the match of the year, maybe decade, or dare I say century..........who am I kiding, who gives 3 fucks. I thought that whole 'vs' thing died after Nas destroyed Jay Z. Well I guess advacting music villance is still in fashion. Hide the kids folks, cause they might go gay after this fight.