FIRST OFF!! (What's on Lisa Ford's mind!)


Sexual Fantasies, Night Sweats, and Lil’ Wayne?? WTF!

I HAD A NIGHTMARE ABOUT LIL’ WAYNE!!


Lil’ Wayne is doing rock music right now. He’s so hot on the charts, if he came out with a country album, it will probably go Platinum…And I would probably download the songs on my IPOD. Can somebody please tell me what is it about this man that keeps him in my psyche?

Seriously, every time I turn on the radio, I hear Lil’ Wayne. I turn on the TV, and there’s Lil’ Wayne giving interviews on all the entertainment and music channels. So I switch the dial to the Music Channel on Demand…all Lil’ Wayne videos. I turn on my satellite radio to escape the madness…nothing but that underground Lil’ Wayne on the Hip Hop stations. Now out of options, I checked for new artist to listen to. I request that Brisco joint, “In The Hood.” It’s featuring Lil’ Wayne. Ok, I say to myself, what about that new Drake, “Best I Ever Had”? That’s featuring Lil’ Wayne too! Damn!

(PHOTO BY KEVIN GUILLAUME ZODCORE@GMAIL.COM)

Images of Lil’ Wayne performing his music dominated my thoughts and smothered me to the point of sleeplessness. I remember when rap music was different, when it signified our generation’s adversities and portrayed the urban-America struggle. But Rap went mainstream. And the material-girl images of new school rap digs its claws into me, draws me in, even though sometimes I know, those images are not realistic or something I should cling to.

This haunted me, until one night…I lied down for a good night’s sleep, and woke up in someone else’s bedroom on the other side of town. I was lying on a bed pushed up against a sheer curtain blowing from a cracked-opened sliding glass door. I actually felt the strong breeze blowing against my skin. And Lil’ Wayne was naked and lying next to me! WTF!

…Apparently we had just finished doing what is too graphic to describe in detail (no kidding, I dreamed I had sex with Lil’ Wayne…twice!). I was shocked during and after the dream. I woke up in a sweat, still experiencing the after shocks of our lovemaking. This man was engraved so deep in my brain, until I’m having sexual fantasies about him? I must have been hypnotized.

Something I didn’t imagine myself gravitating to so strongly, over time, had seduced me. And that’s what this dream…I mean, nightmare, was about. I realized that I am an addict, addicted to rap music in all forms. And because of Lil’ Wayne’s dominance over our culture through his music, I can’t break free, even as I grow older and wiser.

I need a 12-step program that draws me back to Nas, Sade, and The Roots. But me and
Lil’ Wayne already did it twice, and now he wants to give me my favorite…a 3-PEAT!


Posted on 12:01 PM by Lisa Ford and filed under | 1 Comments »

1 comments:

Lisa Ford said... @ December 11, 2009 at 12:13 PM

All original comments are on original posts. Make new ones if u want~